What We Do
Through the support of our community Home At Last Humane Society is honored to provide a variety of services to the Columbia Gorge Area
- Temporary housing and love for homeless companion animals
- Rehabilitation for homeless companion animals
- Each adopted animal is spayed/neutered, micro-chipped and vaccinated
- Low cost community spay/neuter vouchers
- Emergency food for pets
- Animeals: provide dog and cat food for Meals on Wheels Participants
- In school education programming
- Kids summer camp
- Low cost vaccination clinics
- Volunteer opportunities for community members
- A cans and bottles recycling drop off facility
- Pet visitors to area assisted living homes
- Dog training assistance
What Are Therapy Dogs?
Dogs offer themselves to us with joy, unconditional love, great affection, and companionship. They can have a profound ability to touch our lives not engaged by other kinds of interactive therapies. Perhaps this is because they offer themselves in a non-threatening, wordless way that speaks love and attention. Indeed, there is no greater therapy than the love of a dog.
Animals have long been recognized as being a positive force in the healing process for injury and illness. Dogs have a calming and therapeutic effect for most humans in a variety of situations. Dogs can help with the emotional issues related to injury or illness by offering physical contact with another living creature. Therapy dogs have been used to ease sick children, soldiers and elderly. The love of an animal companion can help ease the mild stress of daily problems, assist with boredom, loneliness, and lack of control with some illness or injury. If you are interested in a possible therapeutic animal companion please contact Home At Last Humane Society.